We have exciting opportunities for an Estimator to join us in our Calgary or Innisfail location!
The successful candidate will prepare cost estimates, review, validate, and submit estimates for
product manufacturing, projects, or other services as required. This position is responsible for a
wide range of project cost estimating and all associated functions within a group of skilled
professionals.You will find success based on your ability to:
- Interpret technical drawings to identify engineering specifications, evaluate and estimate materials, manpower, schedule and budget
- Effectively analyze production benchmarks and historical costs
- Obtain, review and maintain documentation of third party pricing
- Interface and provide on-going technical support to customer
- Support and comply with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd.
- Interface with various stakeholders to ensure accuracy of all estimates.
- Recognize key parameters such as equipment and material pricing guidelines, Labour market updates, inflation, material take-off and other allowances, escalation philosophy, and site Labour productivity factors.
As the ideal candidate you will possess:
- Thorough understanding of business processes, stakeholders involvements and their role, information flow and project scope and also ensure that developed estimates covers the entire scope of the projects.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques and strategies
- Thorough knowledge of Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, analyze and understand production drawings, associated documentation, contracts, cost coding systems, work breakdown structures, etc.
- Excellent computer skills in Estimating Software, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Heat Exchanger experience
- Minimum of 5 years industrial estimating experience required
We provide hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. Providing ample opportunities to employees to achieve their career goals we encourage you to come and be a part of the Bilton Team today.
Thank you to all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted