Bilton Welding and Manufacturing in Innisfail, AB is looking for a positive, energetic and driven Journeyman Machinist to join our team.
Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. We invest in our employees and maintain a work environment that is conducive to their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goals.
Reporting directly to the Foreman, the Machinist is responsible for the manufacturing of parts for structural steel components, skids, vessels and pipes.
- Ability to set up and operate Lathes, Mills and Radial arm drills and CNC Machines
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Use measuring tools, gauges and controls as required.
- Ability to train and mentor junior machinists
- Measure pieces to verify that the size meets specifications
- Process work orders
- Manufacture routine, complex and non-routine parts from raw materials.
- Interpret production order information, including part descriptions, material grade, and documents
- Ensure high- quality product through adherence to drawings, quality standards and operating procedures
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on equipment
- Maintain the Machine area and equipment daily. Report any concerns to the Production Supervisor and Maintenance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certified Journeyman Machinist
- Experience in manual boring mills, lathes and Radial arm drill is required and a minimum of 3 years related in the machining industry
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with training and mentoring
- Prior experience machining tube sheets is an asset
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring devices
- Willingness to learn new specifications and procedures through on the job training and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints and to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail in a neat and organized manner
- Ability to be challenged and to strive for development within the position with the foresight and commitment to advance within the company
We provide hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. Providing ample opportunities to employees to achieve their career goals we encourage you to come and be a part of the Bilton Team today.
Thank you to all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.