We have an exciting opportunity for a Machinist to join our team in Innisfail, AB!
Reporting directly to the Foreman, the Machinist is responsible for the manufacturing of parts for structural steel components, skids, vessels and pipes.
- Set up, operate and monitor CNC machines, fixing programs during production runs as required. Use measuring tools, gauges and controls as required.
- Measure pieces to verify that the size meets specifications
- Process work orders
- Manufacture routine, complex and non-routine parts from raw materials.
- Interpret production order information, including part descriptions, material grade, documents and drawings.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Maintain the Machine area and equipment daily. Report any concerns to the Production Supervisor and Maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience as a machinist
- Prior experience machining tube sheets is an asset
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring devices
- Willingness to learn new specifications and procedures through on the job training and experience
- Essential Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints and to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Attention to accuracy and detail in a neat and organized manner.
- Ability to be challenged and to strive for development within the position with the foresight and commitment to advance within the company.
We provide hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. Providing ample opportunities to employees to achieve their career goals we encourage you to come and be a part of the Bilton Team today.
Thank you to all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted