We have an exciting opportunity for a Sandblaster to join our team in Innisfail, AB!
Reporting directly to the Foreman, the Sandblaster is responsible for abrading surfaces of metal or hard composition objects to prepare them for painting, painting structural steel components, skids, vessels and pipes, includes moving material to and from the blasting / painting areas.
- Mask skids for sandblasting and painting.
- Clean and prepare skids for painting.
- Perform rigging techniques as per industry standards.
- Operate forklift and overhead cranes to move material into, around and out of the blast/paint area
- Shovel and/or pour abrasives such as sand or grit into the machine hopper
- Mask specific areas of object to protect from abrading actions
- Examine finished product to ensure conformance to specifications
- Prepare finished product for shipping
- Report all non-conforming material to the department Supervisor
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two years of experience in a similar industry preferred.
- NACE and SSPC certification an asset.
- Previous experience with material handling preferred.
- Experienced in proper rigging.
- Experience with Overhead crane Forklift certification preferred.
- Possesses proficient operational knowledge of painting equipment and supplies.
- Proficient in basic and industrial paint mixing and applications.
- Ability to identify materials by dimensions.
- Proficient in both English and Metric dimensions.
- Must have own transportation and valid class 5 license
- Must have CSA approved safety boots
We provide hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. Providing ample opportunities to employees to achieve their career goals we encourage you to come and be a part of the Bilton Team today.
Thank you to all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted