Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. We invest in our employees and maintain a work environment that is conducive to their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goal
We have an excellent opportunity for an Safety Manager to join our team in Innisfail!
Reporting to VP, Operations, the Safety Manager is to update safety policies including safe work practices and safe job procedures, and implement a comprehensive occupational health, safety and environmental program. This position will ensure a safe work environment is maintained throughout all company activities.
The Employee will:
- Manage the development of policy and procedures (safe work practices and safe job procedures).
- Stay current with all applicable Alberta Safety Regulations and manage the completion of necessary updates to Company documents.
- Provide consultation and expertise on health, safety & environmental matters to all levels of employment.
- Foster positive relations between the safety department and all levels of employment.
- Conduct daily safety walk-through inspections of all workplace facilities. Make recommendations to supervisory staff and management as required and assist in implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Work together with foremen and management to ensure consistent enforcement all safety policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain an electronic record-keeping system.
- Attend, participate, and / or facilitate toolbox meetings at established frequencies, as required.
- Review investigations for all incidents including near miss events, property damage and injury incidents.
- Prepare reports that analyze the safety program to identify the trends, problem areas and compliance.
- Establish procedures for handling complaints from employees and the public.
- Ensure all applicable safety documents are completed in a timely manner and files are maintained to achieve compliance with applicable COR audit model and other legislative requirements.
- Prepare safety letters and safety bulletins on safety problems, as required.
- Ensure the proper job and safety training is provided for all employees.
- Assist with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of occupational health, safety, environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Safety Department.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years managing a health and safety program
- 3+ years in safety within the manufacturing industry
- Understand and have complete knowledge of all Provincial rules and regulations pertaining to safety codes and Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials to fulfill those needs, and then delivering the training
- Experience with ISN, ComplyWorks, Aveeta
- Certified COR auditor is an asset
- Exemplary communication skills, influential and assertive personality
- Writing skills and proven success in the development of policies and procedures
- Commitment to applying safety knowledge, skills and attitudes to everyday work.
- Ability to accurately compile, calculate and summarize data.
- Ability to identify and assess problems, explore options and implement solutions.
- Exercises a professional approach.
- Demonstrates investigating and risk assessment skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all work.
- Great communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle the stress of a fast paced and ever-changing work environment.s.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume to Recruit@bilton.ca, specifying the job title in the subject line. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.