Bilton is looking for a Buyer with Instrumentation Experience for the Innisfail or Calgary Location.
The successful candidate will report to the Procurement Manager and is responsible for determine the purchasing needs of the organization. This candidate will work alongside other parts of Bilton to forecast demand, evaluate inventory levels, and take orders from within the Bilton Group.
- Expedite, track of all purchase orders ensuring on time delivery, quality and effective cost for all materials meeting manufacturing needs.
- Generate and process purchase orders and requisitions. Create and complete purchase orders for x-ray, sub-contractors and rental equipment.
- Create and analyze excel reports relating to various reports inclusive of open order, expediting and supplier performance.
- To purchase and expedite all production materials and general supplies to meet established production schedules.
- Negotiate with vendors the best possible price, quality, opportunity buys, lead times, terms and conditions from a short and long term perspective.
- Continually strive for process improvement and cost saving while maintaining/improving customer service.
- Manage vendor performance through vendor evaluation process including follow up for non- conformance issues, and monitoring their continual adherence to price, quality, delivery and service.
- Work closely with Engineering in new product sourcing.
- Maintain an understanding of the market, seasonal trends, and the material process flow.
PMAC or equivalent
International Buying is an Asset
Excellent customer relations and negotiation skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
We provide competitive wages and benefits, hands-on training, and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. Providing ample opportunities for employees to achieve their career goals, we encourage you to come and be a part of the Bilton Team today!
Thank you to all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.