Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd. offers exceptional in house design, engineering and manufacturing expertise, creating innovative products and solutions and setting industry standards since 1993.
Bilton is currently operating seven manufacturing facilities in Innisfail, Alberta and has expanded its facilities into Calgary, Alberta. We employ approximately 200 people and provide ample opportunities for employees to achieve their career goals. Here at Bilton the sky is the limit!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tank and Structural Foreman to join our team in Innisfail!
· Overall supervision of the tank and structural welding department (all resources; people and
· Manage the scheduling of shifts in the tank and structural department
· Collaborate with lead hands to assign employees to specific tasks to ensure projects are completed on time and prioritize work accordingly
· Review, approve and submit timecards and absence requests for employees
· Inspect products during and after the manufacturing process is completed to ensure products are being built to Bilton standards
· Evaluate production methods and equipment, recommending areas for improvement
· Work with the engineering and drafting department to trouble shoot any design concerns
· Reinforce safety policies to ensure standards are being met and that safe work practices are being followed
· Act as a liaison between the office and shop personnel, and communicate any relevant information to the shop team
· Coordinate staff meetings, as required
· Perform welding and production tasks, as required
· Assist with personnel issues and escalate to HR when required
· Complete all performance reviews
· Obtain materials and supplies to ensure safety and efficiency of department is maintained at all times (e.g. submitting purchase requisitions, when needed)
· Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift
· Delegate duties and responsibilities, as appropriate
· Other duties, as advised by Direct Supervisor
Key Role Qualifications & Experience Required
· Journeyman Ticket
· 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a related field
· Experience with various computer software programs (scheduler, excel, outlook, word, ERP)
· Manufacturing industry experience is required
Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. We invest in our employees and maintain a work environment that is conducive to their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goals. Application Details:
Applicants are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter to the Human Resources at email@example.com
, specifying the job title in the subject line. Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.