Do you have a few years of accounting under your belt – Are you someone who thrives in a challenging environment, takes initiative, have an eagerness to learn and grow with a well-established Company?
If this is you, we have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant like yourself to take your career to the next level, with endless growth opportunities in a family-oriented environment.
Reporting to the Controller, the candidate will work closely with the Finance department, as well as various internal stakeholders to ensure timely, accurate processing of project closing, invoicing, and maintenance of accounts receivable and collections. This position will also complete general accounting duties such as period closing, general ledger account analysis, project analysis and other supporting functions.
· Issue Progress Billings, Final Invoicing and process Credit Memos
· Manage Deferred Revenue and Hold Back Accounts
· Review Sales Orders for accuracy and coding for invoicing purposes
· Reconcile AR sub ledger against the GL and manage integrity
· Run weekly Collections/Cash Planning/Holdbacks meeting with Controller and the VP, Finance.
· Maintain Customer AR trade accounts in M2M; setup new accounts and work with Sales to clean-up established accounts
· Acquire financial and credit rating information on all prospective & new Customers
· Project closing for Customer jobs with analysis for missed costs
· Coordinate job closing sign-offs
· Manage job cost accruals and reversals
· Job Costing analysis
· Project set up and maintenance for internal jobs
· Period End Reconciliations and Reporting
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports
· Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations and prepare Lead Sheets
· Manage Fixed Asset Ledger
· Work closely with the Controller and stakeholders on several strategic improvement projects that may include;
o R&D time collection/job cost strategies
o R&D paperless office (cradle-grave) for Purchasing-Receiving-AP
o R&D various report development projects
· Assist with year-end external audit preparation and various internal audits
· Contribute positively to internal and external relations identifying issues and conflicts to supervisor as appropriate
· Aid in the development and implementation of process improvements to standardized accounting procedures and improving accounting efficiencies
· Assist with the development and maintenance of Policy & Procedure Manuals
· Recommend ways to improve department operations
An Ideal Candidate should have the following:
· An accounting designation is an asset
· Manufacturing experience is an asset
We provide hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. Providing ample opportunities to employees to achieve their career goals we encourage you to come and be a part of the Bilton Team today.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.