Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd. offers exceptional in house design, engineering and manufacturing expertise, creating innovative products and solutions and setting industry standards since 1993.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our team in Calgary
• Identify and price material and services required to complete an accurate tender
• Identify the labour tasks and processes and use this to estimate and assign hours required to execute the project successfully
• Work with drafting to facilitate drawing development
• Work with Production to coordinate fabrication and installation of jobs
• Assist with business development
• Maintain strategic relationships with key clients, vendors, and other third parties
• Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work
• Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
• Support other department personnel as required, which may include preparing estimates in other disciplines
• Review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
• Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
• Review proposal package to determine relevant deliverables and coordinate with other disciplines (site management, scheduling etc.) to complete tasks
• Other duties as assigned by this position’s direct supervisor
• Extensive knowledge of a variety of estimating methods and techniques
• 3-5 years of industry experience
• 5+ years of Estimating experience
• Engineering degree/Technical diploma, or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
• Proficiency in computer software and strong working knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective organizational skills
• Written communication skills
• Time management skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Attention to detail
• Monday to Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
• Some flexibility will be required, based on estimating demands
Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. We invest in our employees and maintain a work environment that is conducive to their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goals.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.