Vice President of Finance
Due to unforseen circumstance of our current VP Finance, Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd. (Bilton) has an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned VP, Finance to join our dynamic and growing team in Innisfail AB.
This professional with strong business acumen will contribute to the continued success of our well-established manufacturing company. Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Finance will partner with the executive team and oversee accounting and finance, payroll, and general office operations.
- Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the development and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and product development objectives.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Create financial reports which analyze targets, project bids and sales growth.
- Substantiate development plans with cost analysis reporting.
- Secure and analyze financing requirements.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to the CEO and President on mergers and acquisitions.
- Participate in developing new business by assisting the CEO and President in identifying new financial opportunities, determining cost effectiveness of prospective projects.
- Work with the CEO to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Manage the capital and operational budgeting processes.
- Coach Finance, Human Resources, IT and other staff on relevant financial matters and best business practices.
- Oversee all accounting, payables, receivables and payroll activity.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Ensure adequate insurance to meet the organization’s needs.
- Review legal contracts to mitigate risks.
- Optimize the handling of international bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to protect and enhance cash position.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections, for use by Executive management.
- Oversee the maintenance of book costs of capital and inventory.
- Hold a Professional Accounting designation.
- 5 years’ work experience as a Controller or Chief Financial Officer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience having worked in an entrepreneurial, owner-managed organization
- Five to seven years of management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 100 employees.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team.
- Knowledge of current industry related trends and developments.
- The ability to evaluate business process plans and goals from a broad overview, while ensuring smaller details are managed.
- Extensive experience with standard costing.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
- Strategic leader.
- Customer and results focused; quality oriented.
- Creative and innovative thinking; adaptability/flexibility.
- Deision-making and judgment, strong problem-solving abilities.
- Mediating and negotiating.
- Time management; planning and organizing.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Strong ethics and integrity; enforcement of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Leadership, teamwork, coaching and mentoring.
- Development and continual learning.
- Advanced MS Microsoft excel skills
- Open-minded personality and innovative executive with strong communications and influencing skills.
- High standards of integrity.
Position and Application Details
This is a full-time permanent position with competitive starting wages and benefits packages including Health and RRSP programs.
If you would like to be a part of our growing and dynamic team of professionals that take pride in their work and strive to be the best in the industry APPLY today!
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.