Vice President of Finance
Due to the retirement of our current VP, Finance, Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd. (Bilton) has an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned VP, Finance to join our dynamic and growing team in Innisfail, AB.
This professional with strong business acumen will contribute to the continued success of our well-established manufacturing company. Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Finance will partner with the executive team and oversee accounting and finance, payroll, and general office operations.
• Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the development and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and product development objectives.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
• Create financial reports which analyze targets, project bids and sales growth.
• Substantiate development plans with cost analysis reporting.
• Secure and analyze financing requirements.
• Analyze and provide recommendations to the CEO on mergers and acquisitions.
• Participate in developing new business by assisting the CEO in identifying new financial opportunities, determining cost effectiveness of prospective projects.
• Work with the CEO to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements.
• Manage the capital and operational budgeting processes.
• Coach Finance, Human Resources, IT and other staff on relevant financial matters and best business practices.
• Oversee all accounting, payables, receivables and payroll activity.
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls.
• Monitor banking activities of the organization.
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
• Ensure adequate insurance to meet the organization’s needs.
• Review legal contracts to mitigate risks.
• Initiate appropriate strategies to protect and enhance cash position.
• Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections, for use by Executive management.
• Oversee the maintenance of book costs of capital and inventory.
• Hold a Professional Accounting designation.
• At least 5 years’ work experience as a Controller, VP, Finance or Chief Financial Officer in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience having worked in an entrepreneurial, owner-managed organization
• Five to seven years of management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 100 employees.
• Experience in partnering with an executive team.
• Knowledge of current industry related trends and developments.
• The ability to evaluate business process plans and goals from a broad overview, while ensuring smaller details are managed.
• Extensive experience with job costing.
• Strategic leader.
• Customer and results focused; quality oriented.
• Creative and innovative thinking; adaptability/flexibility.
• Decision-making and judgment, strong problem-solving abilities.
• Mediating and negotiating.
• Time management; planning and organizing.
• Accountability and dependability.
• Strong ethics and integrity; enforcement of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Leadership, teamwork, coaching and mentoring.
• Development and continual learning.
• Advanced MS Microsoft excel skills
• Open-minded personality and innovative executive with strong communications and influencing skills.
Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. We invest in our employees and maintain a work environment that is conducive to their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goals.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter to the Human Resources at email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line. Competition will close when a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.